A-Z Sunday Adjective Challenge



   I came across this challenge on my friend's blog: The auxiliary diary and I decided to give it a try. The aim is to give different attributes of God using the letters of the alphabet. Sounds like a piece of cake...huh? I found myself spending more time with my Bible than I usually do and that was pretty cool. Feel free to try your own challenge or chip-in in the comments section. Here goes:

A for...Awesome

Deuteronomy 7:21(NKJV)

You shall not be terrified of them; for the Lord your God, the great and awesome God, is among you.



B for...Benovelent

Ephesians 2:4 (NKJV)

 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,



C for...Creator
Isaiah 40:28 (NKJV)

 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.



D for...Deep
1 Corinthians 2:10 (NKJV)

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.




E for...Extravagant

1 John 3:1 (NKJV)

 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God![a] Therefore the world does not know us,[
b] because it did not know Him.



F for...Father

Matthew 6:9 (NKJV)

 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.




G for...Great
1 Chronicles 16:25 (NKJV)

 For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised;
He is also to be feared above all gods.




H for...Honest

Numbers 23:19 (NKJV)

God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?




I for...Infallible

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NKJV)

 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”




J for...Jealous 

Exodus 20:5 (NKJV)

 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God,am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,



K for...Keeper

Psalm 121:5-6 (NKJV)

 The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.



L for...Loving

Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJV)
 The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying:
“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.


M for...Marvelous 

1 Peter 2:9 (NKJV)
 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;



N for...Near

Psalm 23:4 (NKJV)

 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.




O for...Omniscient

Jeremiah 1:5 (NKJV)

 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”




P for...Protector

Proverbs 18:10 (NKJV)

 The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe.



Q for...Quencher of thirst

John 4:14  (NKJV)

 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”



R for...Respect-worthy

Deuteronomy 5:11 (NKJV)

 ‘You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.



S for...Strong

Psalm 24:8 (NKJV)
 Who is this King of glory?
The Lord strong and mighty,
The Lord mighty in battle.



T for...Teacher

Psalm 90:12 (NKJV)

 So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.




U for...Unchanging

Exodus 3:14 (NKJV)

 And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM." And He said "Thus you will say to thee children of Isreal, 'I AM has sent me to you'".



V for...Victorious

1 John 5:4 (NKJV)

4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our[
a] faith.



W for...Warrior 

1 Samuel 17:47 (NKJV)

 Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.”




X for...Excellent (Blame it on the english language for not having enough words that begin with the letter 'X')

Psalm 139:14 (NKJV)

 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[a]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.




Y for...Yearns

James 4: 5 (NKJV)

Or do you think that the scripture says in vain, "The spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?



Z for...Zion (as in : He dwells in Zion)

Psalm 132:13 (NKJV)

 For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His dwelling place:


Ciao...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room