Sunshine, Raindrops and roses


Sunshine
Beautiful, warm ever-present sunshine
It was all around me
Almost blinding me
Suddenly

Clouds
Dark and threatening
Angry and roiling
Bringing a rain so cold I couldn’t feel my bones
A wind so strong like I’d never known



Darkness
Empty gnawing darkness
Binding me
Destroying all sense of direction
Full of terrors I wouldn’t want to mention

Hole
A deep dark hole in the ground
Full of desperation that bound
Leaving me with nothing to grope for

Sadness
Enveloping me
Consuming me
On death’s doorstep leaving me
Without an escape
 
Petals
White perfectly-formed petals
A single rose
Showing its defiance
It’s refusal to die in that terrible place


Realization
If it could make it then why couldn’t I
That there must be one who cares for this fragile flower
Maybe care for me too
A higher power

Golden
The colour of the shaft of light
Lighting the path of my climb
Leading me where I could survive


Resolve
To use what I had
To learn to be glad
To start anew
To refuse to give up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room