What I ate: Raisin pancakes


I’ve been thinking about blogging about food from time to time. As stated in an earlier blog-post, I like to cook, a lot! And sometimes I can get a bit adventurous in the kitchen. Like this afternoon when I unexpectedly came home at around lunch time and I decided to have pancakes for lunch! Somewhere in the middle of making the batter I started wondering how they’d taste if they had raisins in them (I know right!). So I’m going to tell you exactly how I made them, exactly how I always make my pancakes...

Raisins
Ingredients
·         2 eggs
·         5 teaspoons of sugar
·         ½ a cup of self-raising flour
·         Approximately ½ a cup of milk/water 
·         1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
 A handful of raisins


(Makes 6 small pancakes)



Method
1.       Crack the eggs and pour the insides into a bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth and frothy (If you don’t have a whisk, feel free to use a fork)
2.       Add the flour and mix, while gradually adding milk/water until you get a runny consistency
3.       Heat pan and pour in about a table-spoon of oil (I personally don’t like having my food too oily)
4.       Pour in a little amount of batter, sprinkle raisins at the top and cook at low heat until the base has set, then flip it over and remove when both sides are cooked. Do the same for the rest of the batter.

Add caption



Let me explain a few things here:
·         Runny just means that your batter should be really light and should pour very easily
·         My personal rule of thumb while making pancakes is to use twice as much liquid and I do flour. If I   use ½ a cup of flour then the eggs + water/milk amount to about 1 cup of liquid
And there you have it folks! Bon appétit!


My verdict:
Delicious!!! I chose to eat mine with a glass of yoghurt considering the fact that it was lunch time and it was pretty hot outside!



Ciao...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room