What I ate: Rice Krispies with chocolate syrup

 I’ve recently come-up with one of the coolest breakfast idea ever. Rice Krispies with hot milk and drizzled with chocolate syrup  (Cornflakes and Weetabix are too mainstream. And I've always loved Rice Krispies, especially the ones by Kellog's) . Admittedly, I’ve been putting chocolate syrup on a lot of things lately: cake, ice cream, pancakes...and now...cereal. Now before you judge me, try it! Like really, it’s an
amazing thing!  

My ingredients: Milk
Cereal topped with sliced bananas

Chocolate syrup



The final result.

With a side of avocado, for a healthy diet.


   Admittedly I have a huge sweet-tooth. There are times when I actually have to restrain myself from eating or buying certain things because the rational part of my brain knows it’s unhealthy. But I know that I’ll be that mom/aunt who freely promotes sugary treats. Sure, my kids will eat healthy but yeah...there’s no way I’ll say no to ice cream and sweets and stuff. I don’t know, maybe it’s a result of my own upbringing. My mother was very anti-sugar. No sweets and most of the gum I ate was sugar-free (I was like 8!). My dad was the one who couldn’t say no to me. Now, to her credit, I never had to go to the dentist for cavities or anything. In fact, the one time I did go to the dentist was because I had vampire teeth (A story for another day). But I don’t know, we’ll figure out this sugar thing more as we go along.

And while we’re on the topic of sweet-teeth, #GrowingUpIKnew: That a sweet tooth was a special kind of tooth at the back of your mouth that specifically chewed sweets. #TrueStory

Ciao...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room