Foodie Fridays: Spaghetti in sausage with marinara sauce

   It’s been a while since I made a Foodie Friday post. I could say it’s because I’ve been experimenting a lot with my palate. But mostly it’s because I’ve been busy. And hopefully you guys will get to see what my palate has discovered when I’m not busy.


   So I’m sure you saw this photo doing the rounds on Facebook a while back:


  Since that day this recipe has been a culinary goal for me. So yesterday I figured, why not! I borrowed the basic concept of the photo and combined it with what I know about pasta cooking and bam! This is what I got. So without further ado...

Ingredients

For the pasta:
10 sausages sliced into thick chunks
Spaghetti
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon of parsley
½ tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon cooking oil
5 cups hot water

For the marinara sauce:
1 large onion finely chopped
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 table spoon butter
4 large ripe tomatoes
Red chilli / Cayenne pepper to taste
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon vinegar

Method

1.       Slice the sausages into large chunks



2.       Insert spaghetti into sausage chunks. The orderliness of the process doesn’t really matter. Arrange them in a sauce-pan like so:



3.       Add the garlic, parsley, salt, cooking oil and water.

4.       Bring the water to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes.



5.       Drain the water and rinse pasta once with cold water.

6.       In a separate sauce-pan fry the onions and garlic in the butter until the onions and garlic are translucent.

7.       Add the tomatoes and fry until they begin to form a rough paste. Add water as needed.

8.       Add the pepper, salt, sugar and vinegar. Mix well.



9.       Serve hot.



Bon appétit!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room