Lessons from Med school


1. There is no such thing as passing!! At least not anymore. The best you can do is satisfy the examiner.


2. 50% isn’t as easy as it seems. Yep. That’s my pass mark. You wouldn’t believe how much one has to go through to get it!!

3. Coffee-your new best-friend. Especially if you’re having exams.

4. Live through each holiday as if you’ll die tomorrow. No seriously. If you want to have a good time and relax grab yourself a medic. Having a non-stop crazy schedule teaches you how to value the free time you have.

5. There is no such thing as innocence, at least not any more. We’ve all cracked inappropriate jokes at one time or another!! Lecturers being in the front-line!

6. Read read read, forget forget forget, read read read again!! Unless you’re one of those super-human med students who has a photographic memory! (But dude, were you abducted by aliens or something??!! O.O)


7.  Humility. You think you’re all that??!! Wait till you meet that lecturer who drives a Benz and has an ego the size of Mt.Kenya!! He’ll ask you questions so obscure you’ll go running back to your books!!


8.  Speaking of books: Sleep is for the weak!!! Thou shall do an average of 5 (6hrs is you’re lucky) per night. And during exam-period, just cut it down to 4!!

9. The world now has new meaning!! Whenever someone says PDA, I don’t think ‘Public Displays of Affection’! I think ‘Patent Ductus Arteriosus’!!

10. The perfect excuse!! So next time I bump into someone I don’t particularly like, and they ask if we can meet up, all I have to do is remind them of my med-student status and how impossibly ‘busy’ I am!! Muhahahaha!!!

11. We’re all going to die of obscure incurable diseases!! I call this Med-student-syndrome. You know how you’ve just started learning about different diseases and conditions, and every time you stub your toe or something, you immediately think or fractures, dislocations, haemorrhage and maybe even gangrene!!


                                                                     
 12. Now that you’re in medical school people automatically assume that you are a practising fully trained         doctor and keep telling you about their health problems hoping for a diagnosis and recommendation of treatment. #True story



 13. When all else fails go to Wikipedia!!!! Lol!!!!

And to all my class-mates, success and all the best in the exams!!! :)))

Ciao!!!!


Comments

  1. Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
    Posterior descending artery
    Potato dextrose agar
    Panic disorder with agorphobia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha!!! And then there are those ones too!!!!

      Delete
  2. #12 is so true I do that to my niece all the time :-) she's in med school and I'm so proud of her that I'm just about to call her and ask her why my lymph nodes are swollen and yet we are countries apart! but it goes both ways I'm in IT and everyone thinks that I can fix their PCs even over the phone despite the fact that I work in software and have nothing to do with hardware :-)

    Just think of it as people being proud of you so don't be too hard on us mere mortals (non medics)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha!! Good one!! Fixing PCs over the phone!....

      Delete
  3. haha really interesting post! especially love the funny images...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room