Nothing new under the sun


   I don’t pride myself in being a poet, or an expert in the workings of the universe. I don’t think that I have the answers to everything, In fact I’ll admit that there’s a lot of stuff that I really don’t know. A lot of stuff that I’m still trying to figure out in my life. But what I do pride myself in is the fact that I’m here. And sometimes that’s all we need. Someone who’s currently at the exact same place that we are or who has been in the exact same place at one point or another. Someone to hold our hands or pat us on the back and say that ‘’it’s ok’’ or ‘‘I know what that’s like’’ or ‘‘you’ll get through it’’. That way I know that everything that happens in my life might someday be an inspiration to someone or maybe even a lesson. It could be a friend or a sibling or maybe the kids I haven’t had yet.
   I mean think about it. There’s this verse in the bible that says nothing new under the sun. Actually it’s:

 Ecclesiastes 1:9 What has been will be again,what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

I find that comforting. The fact no situation you will ever go through will ever be entirely unique to you. Somebody else went through it and survived so it can’t be all that impossible. In-short there’s hope!
And I’m probably rambling because I’m high on coffee, sleep deprivation and non-stop studying; but that’s my two-cents for tonight.
Ciao...

Found this on the internet and thought it was really cool!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room