This too shall pass


The air around me drips with disappointment
I can feel failure lapping at my heels like an ocean tide
Patiently gently biding its time
Building up to a crescendo that will overtake me and pull me in at a moment’s notice

The panic in my head is inescapable
I think that this is what is to be a gazelle
Stalked by the inevitable with no end in sight
Painfully aware of the end that awaits you

Or maybe more like a train
An out-of-control over-fuelled freight train
Speeding along the track and seeing the break in the rails just a little too late

But somehow I persevere
I remind myself of all the good days I’ve had and realize that
It was only a matter of time before I had a bad day

Somehow I remind myself to see beyond the now
To keep in mind that this too shall pass

Somehow I suck it in and take life’s beating for the day
Because I know that deep inside, tomorrow will come
And it can’t possibly be the same as today
This too shall pass


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room