Book Review: Artemis fowl by Eoin Colfer


Target audience: All ages
Rating: 4 stars

Apparently reading about characters half your age isn't that awkward

3 things you need to know:
·         Artemis fowl is twelve years old.
·         He’s also a criminal mastermind.
·         He kidnapped a leprechaun so that he could basically the proverbial pot of gold.

 Yeah, I laughed too when I read the blurb to this book. But I read it out of sheer curiosity, because I've heard of it for years and years but I've never really understood what all the fanfare was about. So two and a half hours after starting it and I closed it with a smile (I'm a really fast reader). Few books ever make me smile. Smiling is a sign that I've been impressed. All in all, I wish that I'd read it sooner. And for those other curious minds out there let me assure you:
1.       The book is not as juvenile as it sounds. His age is nothing more than a passing fact actually.
2.       If you like books that make you think. Books that have you trying to predict the characters next move. In short, if you are a thriller fan, you’ll enjoy this.

Fun facts:
- The book has a hidden message written in a substitution cipher at the bottom of each page. It can however be decoded using a certain paragraph in the book! All the more fun for those of us with geeky tendencies!

- The author's first name is pronounced 'Owen'...blame it on the Irish.


Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room