The art of giving up


   More like accepting things as they are per say. I know that we’ve grown up as the generation that’s been told ‘be all you can be’ ‘never give up’ and my personal favourite ‘Quitters never win and Winners never quit’. But let’s just be honest about this for a second. Even the best laid plans backfire  on a regular basis. So we can’t afford to walk around starry-eyed with our heads in the clouds believing that every single one of your dreams will irrevocably come true.
   Now don’t get me wrong, I know that I probably have a bit of a reputation for being that girl who cheers you on no matter what, but there are just some things that lie in our circle of no-control and hence there nothing we can do about them.  So what am I suggesting? I’m suggesting that you move on to the next best thing. Like maybe you love music, but you can’t carry a tune in a wheelbarrow(here I go quoting the Time traveller’s wife), you obviously can’t become a singer so play an instrument or do music production or something. Or maybe you really like someone, but they don’t like you back. Move on with your life and get over them because staying there hoping and waiting for something impossible might just buy you a one-way ticket to the friend-zone.
   So my main point is that life is battle-field and sometimes you just need the wisdom to know how to choose your battles and when you should walk away.
Ciao...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room