Things to do while stuck in Nairobi traffic

It took me 3 hours to get to school this morning. Mind you I don't live in Rongai or anything. I live in Parklands and a 30-minute journey ended-up being stretched to that. While I was waiting for Waiyaki way to stop being a nightmare, I found myself doing a lot of these things. So...


1. Switch off your engine and enjoy the scenery... 
    Unless it's raining in which case there is no scenery.

2. Watch your fellow traffic-jammers in the hope of witnessing some drama.

3. Have a karaoke session with the radio play-list.

4. Increase your flappy bird highscore! 
    For those of us who downloaded it before it was taken off the market. Now my score's up to 23! Yay!


5. Work on your tan! 
    Chances are it's hot and sunny and so this would be the perfect opportunity to do so whether or not you want    to.

6. Throw dirty looks at the drivers who are on the side of the road that's going in the opposite direction. 
    Look at them shamelessly cruising through to their destinations because the laws of traffic have decided that the other side of the road shall be annoyingly clear.

7. Tweet-pic your situation to garner sympathy points from your followers.


8. Do your make-up... 
Because you didn't have time to do it in the morning so if you're gonna be late, you might as well look pretty doing it.

9. Make blog-posts about how you're stuck in traffic...
And then struggle to publish them via opera mini because for some reason you thought deleting blogger app from your phone would be a good idea! Sigh! Time to re-install it.

Feel free to comment below and add more.
Ciao...

Comments

  1. Lol!! You must've been driving for a while cause I cannot even attempt to do all those things in traffic! Or maybe I haven't really been caught in such bad traffic jams...
    Still, this made me laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, 3 hours is more than enough time! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room