Voice in my head


   I wanted to title this post as ‘voices in my head’ (plural) but that sounded a little weird in my head...but you can like vote on it or something. I should probably get serious now.
   You know that God’s been working in your life when that little voice inside gets a little louder...and probably starts to speak more often than it did before. And I’m not sure how many Christians would actually admit it, but that voice starts to speak up at really inconvenient times. And I end up having these conversations with God (sometimes out loud...sometimes in my head). And I say stuff like ‘God I know that this is what you say in your word...and I should probably take the high road and do the right thing... but I really don’t want to! But I’m going to do what you say anyway’. I end up doing the right thing and obeying Him and completely giving up my reluctance, but it feels better to just be frank with Him about my feelings on the subject.
    Maybe it’s because I’m that kind of person. I’ve been described a ‘brutally honest’ and it’s because I find it hard to censor my thoughts or sugar-coat my opinions just to make someone feel better about the truth. Sure I might try to deliver it in the best possible way...but I don’t coddle people...unless they’re below the age of 8. I think that before you ask a question you should be mentally prepared to receive the best possible response as well as the ugliest one in existence. Otherwise don’t ask.
   But I digress. I was talking about the way sometimes as a Christian you actually notice the itsy bitsy changes in your life, in your behaviour and in your morals. And I don’t know, it’s encouraging. It’s like the little stars you used to get in your book while in nursery school for good behaviour. Not that those little victories should be the pride and joy of our lives or the centre of our universes...coz this race is a marathon and there’s still a long way to go. They just help one to take heart. They give you a boost.  And again, Romans 12:2



And 1st Corinthians 13: 11



Ciao...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room