Of fitness challenges and other pinterest fancies


   I recently finished a 30-day ab and squat challenge that I downloaded off pinterest. How does it feel?  Epic! That is if you totally ignore the soreness in my obliques..but no pain no gain right?  Around this time  last year I developed a keen interest in my health that was driven by two-parts med-student syndrome and one-part vanity. Med-student syndrome because med school just made me very aware of how real heart disease,  diabetes, hypertension and other stuff  is.  That's just drama I'm not willing to deal with in my life if I can avoid it.  I also have a family history of diabetes, stroke and arthritis so I'm not going to stretch my luck too far.


  And the vanity you ask?  I like wearing fitting clothes. ...having a pot belly just isn't conducive to such wardrobe tendencies.

   But my fitness goals aren't just about losing weight. They involve  eating cleaner and drinking more water and yes. ..working out.  Believe it or not,  you actually reach a stage in your twenties where fries don't sound like such a good idea.

   This paradigm shift is why I was so psyched to try out this challenge! A nice simple calender of what to do daily? That plus an amazing playlist? Talk about motivation for days! Anyway I dare you to try it or any of these other challenges that I'm planning on doing in the future.  What do you have to lose?

Sincerely,
Already seeing results
Ciao...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room