My Kenya, My Valentine – Spreading peace in the coolest of ways



  Today way Valentine’s Day and at my campus (Kenyatta National Hospital for those of you who don’t know) an event dubbed ‘My Kenya, My Valentine’ was organized by SCORP (Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace) one of the departments per say of the Medical Students Association of Kenya (MSAKE). Basically the aim was to promote peace and harmony in light of the fact that we are having elections next month and nobody really wants a repeat of 2007/2008.
   So they asked as to come dressed in Kenya colours, and they were handing out roses and ‘Mkenya Daima’ stickers. Dude! They even organised a flash mob! Yes, I’m serious. Video evidence coming soon I hope. But what totally jazzed me was the amount of enthusiasm and patriotism expressed by everyone and I just had to share it with the rest of you. Big-ups you guys! No really, big-ups! So like whoever said that Med-school isn’t fun, clearly hasn’t been to the University of Nairobi. Fine I’ll admit that sometimes it can be gruelling, but it can also be what you make it to be. Refer to one of my previous posts here for more details. 

Anyway, here are some pics I managed to take:



Bracelets for sale

Freebies!

More freebies!




                                                                 Flash-mobers!!!


So once again vote vote vote!!! And love each other, regardless of mother-tongue (or lack of thereof)










Ciao!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room